Tuesday 1 May 2012

Precedent Sprengel Museum


One of the precedents that I looked at during the design process of my project was the Sprengel museum in Hanover Germany. Created for a substantial collection of twentieth-century artwork the building plays with voluminous, where the main transitional space is tall and narrow. I felt that this space was the most influential and one which I would like to used. Not only that the space itself gave a monumental feel to it the space was also part of a nexus of catwalks which allowed one to journey through to each exhibits. These catwalks allowed visitor to travel through the museum more fluidly and still had a connection to the main atrium space. The other aspect of this project is its use of materiality which starts from outside and continues and becomes the atrium throughout the main space of the museum. Much like what I done with the brick work which defines the archive storage.

No comments:

Post a Comment